Activity Tamanu :
Locally all the parts of the tree, leaves, bark, roots, etc. used medicinally in the folk medicine.
Tamanu possesses the unique ability to form new tissue,
(cicatrisation) to grow healthy skin and wound healing works.
√ Tamanu Oil™ has different properties:
• skin healing and soothing
• promotes the growth of healthy skin
• stimulates the production of new tissue
• is good for veins and capillaries
√ Tamanu Oil™ is traditionally been used for:
• bladder infections
• infections of the urinary tract
• infected wounds
• burns and infected burns
• anal itch
• athlete's foot.
The oil appears to have an extraordinary good effect in the prevention of scarring. The oil can be used in rheumatic pains, in sciatica, painful joints, muscle pain, neuralgia (nerve pain, facial pain), because of the pain-relieving qualities. Also: wound healing, skin-healing, ulcers, sores, scabs, leprous neuritis, minor burns, radiation burns, fistulas, - fissures, varicose ulcers, dry skin, herpes, bedsores.
Further use at: cracked skin on hands and feet, fissures, postoperative wounds; in lotions for psoriasis, eczema, after depilation, with cracked nipples, analgesic and anti-inflammatory with shingles.
Active ingredients Tamanu:
Saturated fatty acids, palmitic acid, stearic acid. Unsaturated fatty acids: oleic acid, linoleic acid, linolenic acid.
glycolipids, triglycerides, phospholipids, calphyllolide the coumarin derivatives and calophyllumzuren (anti-inflammatory) and xanthones (antibiotic effect). Tamanu acts as an antioxidant to the skin and is therefore cytoprotective. The xanthones and coumarin in the oil are antioxidant.
Our natural skin care cosmetics reflect the traditional organic
skin care secrets of this ancient culture. We are here to help you avoid
the sometimes extremely severe effects of using chemical products on adult skin problems or bad skin problems
that can not only be ineffective but potentially damaging, so your skin looks better than ever.
You can choose to heal your skin the natural way.
In Pacific island folk medicine, the oil has been topically applied to treat various ailments such as cuts, scrapes, burns, insect bites and stings, abrasions, acne and acne scars, psoriasis, diabetic sores, anal fissures, sunburn, dry or scaly skin, blisters, eczema, herpes sores, and to reduce foot and body odor. The oil has also been topically applied to the neck area to treat sore throat. The oil is valued for its analgesic and pain-relieving properties and has been used to treat neuralgia, rheumatism, and sciatica. The oil is used in Chinese traditional medicine to treat rheumatism, skin infections, wounds, leprous nephritis, pain, and inflammation. [1,2,3,4]
1. Kilham C. Tamanu oil. A tropical topical remedy. HerbalGram . 2004;63:26-31.
2. Ali MS, Mahmud S, Perveen S, Ahmad VU, Rizwani GH. Epimers from the leaves of Calophyllum inophyllum . Phytochemistry . 1999;50:1385-1389.
3. Dweck AC, Meadows T. Tamanu (Calophyllum inophyllum)-the African, Asian, Polynesian and Pacific panacea. Int J Cosmet Sci.2002;24:341-348.
4. Shen YC, Hung MC, Wang LT, Chen CY. Inocalophyllins A, B and their methyl esters from the seeds of Calophyllum inophyllum . Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2003;51:802-806.